Saturday, July 24, 2010

After the Random

Beneficiaries have been selected so the project is moving into the training and asset transfer stage. The selected beneficiaries will receive training on a productive assest such as livestock or sewing, receive that asset, and then have regular check ups with field staff to address any problems with working with the asset (uncooperative goats and the sort). That's Targeting the Ultra Poor in a nutshell.

This is an exciting stage. The heart of the project is the relationships the field staff build with the beneficiaries as they work with their asset. I have been in meetings the past couple days listening to BRAC and CGAP representatives train the field staff on how manage those relationships.

My time in Sana'a was good. It's quite a different city from Aden. It was strange to get on the plane and go home to Aden. It was nice though. I have an apartment in Aden now. Send me an email for the address.

I have not really met my neighbors other than yesterday, my neighbors kids locked me IN my apartment. There is a sliding bar lock on the outside of my door which they playful slid into place. Kids, so cute. Fortunately my landlord was home and came and set me free. I think my landlord must have scolded them or something because now they run away when I come up the stairs. So, all in all, still working on meeting the neighbors.

1 comment:

  1. I might recommend moving the sliding bar-lock to the INSIDE of the door...

    ReplyDelete