Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Complete Knock Off

Continuing transportation themed posts, there is a swarm of big and small buses on the streets of Aden offering cheap transportation. From what I have observed so far, the big buses run local routes stopping frequently and moving people back and forth down long streets. The smaller buses serve that purpose as well but they also shuttle passengers between districts and between the mainland and the peninsula. See below:


The Aden system for telling the bus driver you want to get off is a sharp knock on the metal bus frame. They respond to verbal commands but the knock seems to do the trick. Unless you're me and are a complete failure at knocking on the side of the bus. So far I have: missed the bus and hit the window, not knocked hard enough, or hit the rubber padding that insulates the windows. It's only been a month though. Give me one more and I'll have it down.

Thanks Google for the pretty map!

No comments:

Post a Comment